Tidying Up Your Report
- Download the generated report from the respective Analytics pages.
- Delete any unwanted columns within the imported data e.g. system-generated IDs.
- In case you need to share the raw data file, do remove links to external files. You can do so by copying all data and 'Paste Special' (Values only) into a new tab in excel and then deleting the old tab.
Do note that you have to convert the timestamps into a comprehensible format by highlighting the time columns. Go to Home and under the Numbers sub-section, click on More Number Formats. Choose Custom and d/m/yyyy h:mm as the format type.
Please also note that the timestamp displayed in the report matches the browser time zone of the administrator generating the report. Now, you will have a clean set of data to start your analysis!
Analyzing Report Data
Although there are many ways to analyze your reports, pivot tables are a common tool to discover patterns and insights inside your data.
- To get started with your pivot table, highlight the entirety of the data, then click the ‘Insert’ tab followed by the ‘pivot table’ button
- This will create a new spreadsheet with a customizable pivot table
- The ‘PivotTable builder’ allows for easy comparison between data columns. Simply tick the data column titles you wish to compare and drag them into rows, columns or values depending on how you want to compare the data.
The example below shows a channel activity summary using the data from the channel and status column (where Channel Name is used as a row header while Action is used both as a column header and as values (in the form "Count of Action")).
Pivot tables can be used to identify a number of useful information, including which users were most active, each user's completion rate, when they were active and what content they have completed. If you need help with data analysis, please get in touch with your Account Manager.