The Learning Path feature on SmartUp allows community administrators to structure courses and assessments for learners in the community. Learners who complete the Learning Path successfully will receive a certificate of completion at the end.
All communities have access to a trial version of the Learning Path feature. As part of the trial, the community will have full access to the Learning Path feature and will be able to use it freely for 30 days.
Community admins will be notified 7 days, 3 days, and 1 day before their trial period comes to an end.
To create a Learning Path, click on the Create new button (located on the upper section of the platform interface.
Next, click on Learning Path.
You will be brought to a new page to enter the Learning Path details.
On this page, you will see a few features which you can enable before adding the courses and assessments to the Learning Path. Here's a breakdown of each feature:
Change cover: You can upload your preferred learning path cover image by clicking on change cover.
Restrict learning path consumption order for learners: When activated, the learner has to consume the learning path in a specific order set by the administrator.
Enable User Verification: When activated, learners will be checked for idleness when learning.
- When accessing course content / assessment in the learning path, the learner will be verified for idleness shortly (~1 minute time).
- After initial verification learner continues to learn and is verified in the same manner at 15 minutes intervals.
- In case the learner fails to react to the pop-up for 10 minutes, the learner is logged out from the platform. To access learning path learning again, the learner should login and proceed to learning path.
Estimated time to complete: The Estimated Learning Time (ELT) will be calculated for a learning path based on the ELT of the courses included in the learning path. If none of the courses added to the learning path contains ELT (as set by the course authors), there will be no ELT displayed for the learning path.
The community administrator has to fulfil the following requirements before saving the learning path successfully:
1. The Learning Path has to be named
2. Add at least two course and/or assessment in the learning path
3. The individual courses and assessments need to be ready for submission (under My Content).
**Please note that **
- Assessments previously published in channels or other LPs will not appear in the results.
- Course order restriction also applies to Learning Path i.e. if course order has been restricted in My Content, that course's order will also be restricted if added to a Learning Path.
4. Once requirements are met, community administrators can save the learning path, which will create an active version of the Learning Path. Both learners and community administrators can view the learning path in the menu sidebar, under Learning Paths.
Community administrators can view all the Learning Paths created in the community whereas learners can only view Learning Paths they have been added to. You can click here to learn how to add/remove learners to Learning Path.
Upon successful completion of the Learning Path, the learner will receive a certificate of Completion if they meet the following requirements:
1) All courses in the Learning Path are completed.
2) All assessments are completed and passed.
**Failing an assessment after using all reattempts will not award a certificate of completion.**
Learner can click on download certificate button to download their certificate of completion.
Learners can also view their certificates by clicking on the top-left hand icon and choose Profile from the dropdown list. All certificates will be stored under the learners' profile.
If you have any further questions on learning path creation, please reach out to your account manager for more information.
For information on how to manage learning paths within a channel, click here.